The Guide to Getting Started
HOW TO START:
- Fill out the online waiver
- Purchase the summer $80 Two Month Intro Unlimited Pass (or anything else on our Price List)
- Sign Up for some classes
- Scroll down to learn what to bring, what to wear, where to park, about studio etiquette etc.
- Download the App – iPhone / Android for easy reservations, cancellations and purchases (compatible with your calendar)
- Meet your Teachers
- Browse Class Types
- Check out our Upcoming Events
- Connect with us on Facebook & Instagram
- Begin with a classic Moksha class, the Moksha+Yin, Yin and Restorative are also great for beginners.
- Once the poses become familiar then branch out to a Moksha Flow, Flow to Restorative, or Yang/Yin! Our Power Vinyasa, and Level 2 classes are a great way to challenge your practice mindfully.
- We host various Posture Workshops throughout the year where you can learn and grow your yoga practice, keep an eye on the events board and social media for details
If you have any questions about what to expect for your first time at Moksha Brampton, please give us a call at 905-497-9477 or email us at email@example.com
WHAT YOU WILL NEED FOR CLASS
The best way to start your yoga class is by being prepared! Here’s what to bring:
Trust us, whether you drink it in class or after you are going to want some good ol’ H20!
You could practice on the hot room’s hard wood floor but that’s just asking for trouble.
This one is up to you. If you haven’t tried hot yoga before you’re going to want have one. Your mat gets slippery quick!
Wear what ever you can practice comfortably in.
Chances are, after a hot class you are going to want to shower.
Your Awesome Self
That’s right, because we can not wait to meet you :).
Don’t have a yoga mat? Forgot your mat towel? Can’t find your trusty water bottle? No worries we’ve got ya covered! All items are $3 to rent.
STUDIO ETIQUETTE AT A GLANCE
- Please remove your shoes upon entering the studio
- Please turn your cell phone off, to vibrate or to Do Not Disturb; there are absolutely no cell phones or mobile devices permitted in the practice studio for any reason
- Please always sign-in at the front desk before proceeding to change rooms
- Please respect the silence in the room at all times
- Please be scent-free: no perfume or cologne
- Please leave bags and personal belonging in change rooms (if you must, a wallet is okay to bring in to the practice room)
- Please remain in the practice room for the duration of your class, including ‘savasana’ (final relaxation) for health & safety reasons
- Please leave the practice room quietly and patiently once you’re ready to leave. Try to not disrupt the other students staying for a longer savasana
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to class >>> Sorry, latecomers will not be permitted, class capacity is 50
FUELLING BEFORE & AFTER
It’s super important with hot yoga to come to class on a fairly empty stomach, avoid caffeine before class, and drink lots and lots of water. Try not to eat heavy meals 2 – 3 hours before practicing, and arrive well hydrated. We recommend coconut water or rooibos tea because they’re packed full of electrolytes in addition to drinking straight water. For those of you who need a bit of energy before class, try eating half a small banana or a couple of dates as a good pre-yoga snacks (30 minutes before class).
We are proudly cell phone free at Moksha Yoga Brampton. Our studio is a place for people to disconnect from their busy lives and reconnect with peace and quiet. Please keep cell phones on Do Not Disturb or turned off and stashed away in change rooms at all times, or if you insist you may bring your mobile phone into the practice room only if it is turned Off. We know it may sound scary, but think of it as freedom.
RESERVATIONS & CANCELLATIONS
- We recommend arriving at least 15-20 minutes early before your first class
- We recommend arriving 10 minutes early on a regular basis
- We release unclaimed reservations to drop-in students 10 minutes before class start time
- Pre-registration capacity is 60% of the class slots, walk ins are available for the rest
- Pre-registration closes 2 hours prior to class start time
- Cancellations to pre- registered classes are available up to 1 hour prior to class start time
Please review our full courtesy policy page here.
THE NO LATE-COMMERS POLICY
Please note that late students are not be permitted to class if arriving after the start time… Even if you’re Justin Trudeau… and also know that we absolutely hate to turn you away (please don’t shoot the messenger!)
MAKING A PURCHASE
We accept cash, Visa, Mastercard/Visa/AMEX, and debit
WANT TO KEEP PRACTICING AT MOKSHA BRAMPTON?
PRACTICE 2X A WEEK OR MORE >>> THE MONTHLY MEMBERSHIP IS BY FAR THE BEST DEAL
A regular practice will give you so much more than a toned, flexible body and clear, supple skin. It will give you restful sleep, peace of mind, clarity, joy, inspiration – the benefits of yoga are endless.
If you come to class 2x a week or more, our Monthly Membership plan is the best deal for you. With a Monthly Membership, your credit card is automatically charged $99+ hst (or $89 + hst if purchased during Intro Month, in studio) on the same day each month.. The minimum commitment required is 8 months from the Monthly Membership activation date. After 8 months you may terminate your contract with 30 days written notice. Passes can be put on hold up to 1 month every 8 months.